Health science communicators for a Healthy Ireland campaign
The Communications unit at the Department of Health are looking to connect with health science communicators about a Healthy Ireland campaign. You can find more information about this campaign at www.gov.ie/healthyireland.
They are looking for the help of 20-34 years olds to engage with their peers as a positive voice for good nutrition, healthy diet and taking care of yourself mentally and physically.
They are looking to connect with current PhD candidates, recently conferred PhD candidates or postdoctoral researchers around this age whose area of research and interest is in any of:
- Nutrition and dietetics
- Sports science
- Psychology (ideally with specific focus on sleep and on stress)
They aim to bring a group together from across Ireland who can work with a team of health experts and digital trainers to create a peer-to-peer social media campaign.
If you are or if you know someone who is currently:
- PhD candidate or postdoctoral researcher
- Aged 20-34
- Researching in any area of nutrition and dietetics or sports science, or psychology [specific focus on sleep and on stress]
And ideally if you are or if the person you know is:
- Passionate about health science communication
- Looking to further science communications skills with training and expert insight
- Have some experience in science communication (public speaking, presenting at conferences, podcast or video experience, been an ambassador at your university etc.)
- Passionate about learning and teaching of health sciences
- Have experience using social media for science communication (desirable, not essential)
They would be very grateful if you are interested, if you could send an email to Máire McGrath and Caoilinn Putti at the Department of Health (please send to both emails). Or if you know someone who might be interested, you can share these email addresses for them to get in touch with us directly.